If you have a question, you may find the answer below. If not, please get in touch!
- Can I send Mace my CV to keep on file?
The best way of sending your details to Mace is to apply for a suitable role on our careers page.
The first time you do this you are given the chance to attach your CV, which will then automatically be attached to any future applications you make.
You can log in to the careers page at any time to update your CV, details or preferences.
- Will I receive an acknowledgement that my application has been received?
- Every application is acknowledged. You should receive an automated acknowledgement email within five minutes of submitting your application. We aim to send every applicant a personalised email with the outcome of the application within two weeks, but during peak periods this may take up to four weeks.
- How can I update the information or CV you hold for me?
You can visit our careers page any time and log in to your account and update your personal details or your CV.
Please also take the opportunity to log in to your account and set your preferences, to receive notifications for positions of interest in locations of interest.
- Can I apply for more than one job at a time?
- You can apply for as many jobs as you feel match your experience and skill set.
- How often is the careers site updated?
- Our Current Vacancies page is updated daily with new positions.
- Why was my application rejected?
- We currently receive more than 100 applications a day, and therefore have to apply specific selection criteria. A rejection should never be taken as negative and final. We will retain your details and assess your CV against future positions. Our database indexes your CV and matches keywords to future job requests, so if the ideal job comes up you should be automatically shortlisted and contacted. We also urge you to review our career pages regularly for new positions that we upload.
- What selection criteria are usually applied?
- The criteria varies on the role but typically we will look at past career history, education, accreditation and charterships, responsibilities in previous positions, project history, contract form, project value, sector experience and transferable skills.
- What are the key steps of the recruitment process?
- Each applicant will apply to the relevant role on the website adding their CV. The application will then be reviewed by the relevant recruiter within our team. Our recruitment team work by discipline and/or geography. For example, quantity surveying positions across the UK are usually dealt with by the same person and particular international locations are dealt with by the same person. The benefit for applicants is that the recruiter will be able to identify other opportunities within Mace that might be more suitable and aligned to your career aspirations. The recruiter will use selection criteria to identify the strongest four to five candidates for an initial telephone interview, that lasts for 20-25 minutes. If successful, you will be invited to a more formal interview with the recruiter. This is usually face to face and lasts around an hour. The final stage is an interview with the hiring manager for the role. If successful, the recruiter will pick up the offer negotiation process and liaise with their HR colleagues to issue an employment contract to you.
- How long will the selection process take?
We aim to review all applications within five working days and respond to you directly within two weeks. Unlike other employers we aim to respond to all applicants regardless of the outcome, but during peak periods this may take up to four weeks.
- How does the interview process work?
- Our process usually involves a two-stage interview. Following an initial call you will be invited to meet one of our recruiters either face to face or via Skype to discuss Mace and the role being considered, as well as giving you the opportunity to expand more on your experience and accomplishments. If successful, you will be invited to an interview with the hiring manager.
- How long will my details be kept by Mace?
- Your details will be retained for a period of 12 months. At this point we will contact you to seek permission to retain them for another 12 months. At the annual review you will get the opportunity to send us an updated CV and information.
- Is my personal information secure?
- Mace has been ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certified by BSi since 2010. Our information security accreditation uses a family of standards that help us manage the security of assets such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details or information entrusted to us by third parties.
- What should I do if I suspect that I’ve received a fictitious job offer or have been targeted by an employment scam?
- Please contact email@example.com immediately. We will investigate and respond to you directly with our findings. It’s important we know about these situations so we can alert our legal team, and post a notification on our career site to warn other potential candidates who have concerns.
- What is Mace's commitment to recruiting diverse candidates?
- For an international construction company, being open to different ideas, perspectives and cultures is important. We work hard to ensure that Mace is a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can achieve their potential. We believe in treating all applicants with professionalism and respect – whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexuality or age.
- I've looked everywhere on this site, but I can't find the answer to an important query. Can I contact you directly?
- Of course. Please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I'm looking to start my career at Mace. What opportunities do you have available?
- Read more about our work experience, trainee, apprentice, undergraduate or graduate opportunities. If these pages do not answer your question, please email email@example.com.